Programme Management is a vital component in the delivery of change. It involves the co-ordinated management of related projects, which may include multiple business-as-usual activities that combine to achieve a beneficial change of a strategic nature for an organisation. What constitutes a programme will vary across industries and business sectors but there are always core programme management processes.
Our skilled consultants come from a variety of diverse backgrounds including the full range of public and private sectors and all are able to apply their experience to your requirements and are supported by a team of personnel at our secure facility in Cheltenham.
We deliberately avoid using a “standard” one size fits all, methodology. Specific client situations, together with variations in organisational ethos and diversity in the type of programme involved, as all require different approaches. Our consultants understand these variables and will seek to discuss and agree the approach that will best meet client needs.
We will deliver a solution that is tailored both to the particular needs of the client organisation and to their members of staff, while being practical and cost effective and based upon best practice techniques and methods e.g. PRINCE2, APM and MSP, as appropriate.
Being primarily practitioners, we bring a great deal of practical knowledge and experience to an assignment. A key part of our approach is to achieve an effective transfer of that knowledge and skill, enabling our clients to reach a higher state of Programme Management maturity.
How we do it
Our Programme Management practice covers the following activity areas:
- Management of complex implementation programmes
- Effective management of Risks and Issues at the programme level
- Ensuring that the pre-requisites of an effective business strategy, together with adequate stakeholder and senior management involvement exist before start-up
- Working through the full life of a programme from strategy to implementation
- Business change and transformation, including change management aspects
- Establishing programmes for successful delivery
- Assistance with a wide range of technical and non-technical programmes
- Programme assurance reviews and advice, including realisation of benefits
- Health checks before and during the programme life cycle
- Programme recovery
- Programme governance and programme support offices
- Pre-Gateway reviews of Programmes at each stage, to ensure that programmes remain fit for purpose and continue to meet the strategic objectives of the business
- Post Implementation reviews